Vision of Alpha Sigma Tau
Beauty of Spirit. Fulfillment of Self. Exceptional Sisterhood.
Mission of Alpha Sigma Tau
To foster intellectual, cultural, ethical and social development
To instill a commitment to lifelong leadership
To develop women who enrich the lives of others
To promote an environment of shared understanding and respect for values, expectations and goals
To sustain relationships that transcend the collegiate experience
Core Values of Alpha Sigma Tau
Intellect – The pursuit and cultivation of knowledge, wisdom, truth, and culture.
Excellence – Always seeking to perform at the highest level; having a disdain for mediocrity; Creating and taking advantage of opportunities to excel.
Graciousness – Creating an environment of pleasantness and embodying kindness, generosity of spirit, charm, tact, courtesy, and authenticity in all we do.
Respect – The highest level of esteem for the worth of ourselves, our sisters, our peers, our community, our history, our future, and our values.
Connections – Building and maintaining meaningful, sincere, and lasting relationships with our members, our alma mater, and our community.
Strategic Areas of Focus
- Membership development (collegiate, alumnae and volunteer leadership)
- Growth and retention
- Communication and marketing
- Alumnae member engagement
- Maximizing financial resources
Our Creed further expands how we will meet these standards:
As a member of Alpha Sigma Tau,
I believe in the permanence and loveliness of its ideals.
I believe in the values of friendship and fidelity to purpose.
I believe in the fulfillment of self and will strive to contribute my share to the progress of mankind.
I believe in cultivating beauty of spirit and graciousness of living in all my contacts with others.
I believe that faithfulness to these ideals will help me to live joyously and valiantly.
Tau Honor Principle
The Tau Honor Principle explains the key agreements all members make to guard the most valuable assets of our Sisterhood:
- Keep the Sorority’s decision making and sacred Ritual confidential;
- Uphold the values, mission, and vision statements;
- Uphold Alpha Sigma Tau Bylaws, Standing Rules and Policy and Position Statements;
- Be honest, truthful, and trustworthy with the members;
- Conduct Sorority affairs with honor and ethics;
- Safe-guard Sorority property and funds; and/or
- In the face of adversity, behave in a manner that upholds the Tau Honor Principle.
This agreement is made effective upon accepting membership into the Sorority and continues throughout a member’s lifetime. The Tau Honor Principle presumes a member is honorable unless proven otherwise.
The Open Motto of the Sorority is Active, Self-reliant, Trustworthy.Official website